Monday 1 May 2017

Early Warnings

Good Evening all,
As mentioned a month or so ago our class will be raising money for UNICEF. It was the childrens' idea to have a 'jumble sale'. Some have you have been proactive and kind of arranged it all for me so thank you. but that will take place the Thursday after next (11th May). So I hope to see you all there, and I think Mrs Ramage is open to more helpers.




  


Also as mentioned in the recent curriculum letter we will be doing a poetry module on, the former children's Laureate, Julia Donaldson famous for writing books such as the Gruffalo and Room on the Broom. WB 15th May I intend to get a collection of the books out and have a book share, read to each other, look for rhyming words, retell the stories, find some common themes and learn one off by heart. 
It would have a greater impact for the children to see a real variety of books. We have the Gruffalo and the Stick man in school, so I was wondering if my wonderful parents could have a look around the house to see if they had any Julia Donaldson books. Thank you :)




I need to update again soon, I've taken a bunch of pictures over the last couple of weeks but left the school ipad at school. So I'll try to get that done this week. See you Tuesday, hopefully you've had a lovely long bank holiday weekend.


I've just walked into school and it's school photo day!!!