Friday 26 October 2018

DT Project after half-term

Firstly I would like to start by thanking you all for taking the time to come and see me for parents evening, I've never had such a full turn out for parents evening and manged to share such brilliant work for the beginning of Year One. I can't wait to show you the growth they have made at the next parents' evening.
Hopefully now I will have a better idea at collection times who is coming for who. 😊


⛪Geography/DT Project🏠
I'm sure you have been informed by your children, but just to make sure the message has been passed on with enough detail I thought I would add something on here about it.

So we've all made plans like this:
They should know what things they will need for their house. But what most have them have included in their plan is a box for the main shell, extra cardboard for the roof. Plastic yoghurt pots or cups for the windows. Pretty much a raid on the recycling bin. You've got the whole of the half-term to get collecting and then we will start building on Tuesday afternoon. Any extra masking tape would be massively helpful and reduce arguments over using the limited supply of tape we have in school. 🙏


Maths
I've found some maths pictures on my ipad from this week and last, where we have been looking at numbers and comparing numbers.

Here we're trying to find different ways to represent a number.

 "I found 2 dots on a dice."
 "I have a number 2 card."

 "This guy has 2 legs and 2 arms."
 "The moth has 2 wings"
 "I've got 2 big cats."
 "I made 9p, using 4 2p coins and a 1p coin."
 "I've got a number 9 card."
 "I collected 9 colouring pencils."

 "I made a tower of 9 cubes."

 "I've got 2 dice."

Then we drew the different things we found to show amounts.











English
This week in English we have been looking at the story Where's My Teddy By Jez Alborough
Image result for where's my teddy
We discussed the different emotions the characters felt throughout the story. We've drawn up a story board - with captions and speech bubbles. Then we made puppets and performed the story using the puppets and a narrator to read the 'captions' part of the story.

Here are some of the shows we did (sorry about the sound quality, the ipads seem to pick up the background noise better than what I want it to):

2

3


4 - Updating soon when I have enough of a daily quota avaliable...