Friday 9 March 2018

3D shapes and a video dump

Maths
We have recapped what a 2D shape is and what they are called. Some know a pentagon with its 5 sides, a hexagon because it has six sides and six has an x in it, an octogon because Miss Morris drew 8 octopus legs on it.

The we moved onto 3D shapes, we made them with play dough.

"A round sphere"



"It's a sphere"


"I DID IT!!! I made a cone."



"My cube has 6 faces."


"look at my cone Miss Morris"

"I put a sphere on my cone to make an ice cream." *lick lick lick* "Ew this ice cream is really salty"



"I think I made a pyramid."


"It's supposed to be a triangular prism."


Then built grand castles using 3D shapes. Just one rule, you can only pick up the shape if you say its name of it first.






Here is a song you may have heard before, I think they used it for their sharing assembly last year, but here it is again. 3D shapes that I know.


Science
Now that the weather is starting to represent the season that we are in better now we have moved on to looking at Spring. Miss Morris loves a good Youtube video of songs to help us learn new things. After turning out something about the seasons we decided to make our own. 

In the Winter it is snowy
In the Winter we wrap up warm
All of the Seasons, all year long
Winter, Spring, Summer Autumn

In the Spring it is rainy
In the Spring the Flowers will grow
All of the Seasons, all year long
Winter, Spring, Summer Autumn

In the Summer it is sunny
In the Summer we eat ice cream
All of the Seasons, all year long
Winter, Spring, Summer Autumn

In the Autumn it is windy
In the Autumn the leaves fall down
All of the Seasons, all year long
Winter, Spring, Summer Autumn

To the tune of Humpty Dumpty.

World Book Day Interviews
Peter Pan     Matilda     Stick Man     Cat in a Hat      Elsa      Indian Princess


Music
These are some older videos I found on my ipad of when we were doing music lessons in the classroom before half term. In this session we were looking at how our phonics sounds could help us to beatbox.
1 - s c s c s c s c
2 - p ch ch p ch ch p ch ch
3 - A little bit of a dance tune! mixing in all sorts of sounds. 


And some other fun videos

Before the snow became too heavy this is what we did - SNOW



Certificates
Merit
Ottie

Sports
Hooriya

Presentation
Keenan

Phonics
Hugh Dixon

Star Writer

by Kye Mair